Sunday 12 January 2014

Going underground!

For this current brief, I now had to design wire frames for a web based version of my life story. I managed to establish a visual style that I wanted to use in as many pages as possible... the London Underground tube map. I chose this because my life is like a train journey - there are many stops on the way but I manage to reach my destination (attending university). The images below are the influences that have helped me in my designs:

London Underground logo
London Underground tube map (2013)
London Underground tube map (1908) 
Hans Unger - Art Today (1966)
Fly the Tube to New York (2001)
It is from these I started creating my wire frames. Below are my best ones:






The first three images show my favourite wire frames for the homepage and the introduction pages for each chapter of my life. The other three images are a few stories I will be including. I have aimed to make my webpages appear as a fun, interactive experience for the viewers, whilst having the spirit of the London Underground.  

Overall, I have enjoyed completing this brief and would love to have the opportunity to make an actual app about my life story in the near future!

Mike 

Image sources:



No comments:

Post a Comment